Thursday, November 17, 2005

mid-week mugging musings

Yet another cool day today (not literally though)

Today's morning prayer boasted a 250% increase in attendance from the previous day (4 to 10)! We had a good time of impromptu praise and worship, featuring several 'morning' songs including this one, which i haven't sung for eons:

I Will Praise You Lord

I will awaken the dawning
I will arise and sing
The fruit of my lips is the sacrifice that I bring (Hebrews 13:15)

Father, my heart is faithful
I will sing praises to Thee
Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy mercy to me

And I will praise You Lord
Praise You forever and ever
I will praise You Lord
Praise you forevermore
I will praise You Lord
Praise You forever and ever
I will praise You Lord

(paiseh couldn't find this anywhere online, so this is from memory)

Once again, a simple song whose lyrics nevertheless speak volumes if we mean them when we sing...

Getting back to the prayer, yup, once again it was great to start off the mugging day in a time of communion with the Lord together with others who are, to put it rather crudely, all in the same boat...

Later on there was exam tea yet again, and the Lord was once again gracious in His provision of people to, in the midst of eating, just talk to about anythin under the sun, including, of course, Christianity =) I myself only talked to two people, since i was a bit busy with the prep and had no one else to really have the opportunity to talk to. One of them was a Filipino girl, to whom i proceeded to pour out my Chilipino blues to, and the other was my namesake, who also happens to be Jeremy Koh's cousin...

After dinner we had a time of simple sunset worship, which was beautiful in its simplicity, through which i could still feel the ministering of the Spirit so strongly through the songs. Look forward to the next one...

Now, i suppose that one may remark that i haven't really been doing that much revision, judging from all the other stuff that has been going on. Shouldn't i be piah-ing full steam ahead for the upcoming papers? I dunno lah, but somehow, i feel a sense of what i believe is His peace upon me over the past few days, assuring me that studies and grades are not everything, and that while of course they still are important in that this is where the Lord has placed me, yet He is pleased by the other stuff that has been going on. I definitely believe that He will see all of us through this period as we are obedient to His call in whatever area...

This short passage that i came across during my quiet time now comes to mind somehow...

Jeremiah 9:23-24

This is what the Lord says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,
but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the Lord.

No comments: