Tuesday, November 15, 2005

in the midst of my moderately meaningful mugging...

I resolve to never take bus 33 to school ever again. 10 cents saved by taking it instead of bus 10 doesn't make up for waking up at 645am in order to get to the Dunman Road bus stop by 710am, only to promptly watch not one, not two, but three bus 16s (the only other bus to stop at the stop) whizz by before a pathetic old single-decker bus 33 troddles along. This bus then proceeds to troddle along for the rest of the long and uneventful journey to nus (make that one event - the bus was overtaken by the next bus 33 en route *peeved look*), which it only reaches at around 840am.

I realise that this sem, a whole new community of chao muggers has taken residence in the central library. Imagine that, the whole floor is full of people by 10am... Compels yours truly to wake up even earlier to chope a good table for the vcf library fellowship (central library chapter) before none remain.

I am very thankful to God for the opportunity to gather together with like-minded brothers and sisters in Christ to just share with and pray with one another.

I try to hypothesize what may have caused my tongue to have seemingly unilaterally retired a significant portion of my tastebuds, leaving me unable to fully appreciate sweet and hot (disaster!) food for the past two days now (my nose is fine so it's nothing to do with smell). Delayed reaction of mala huoguo, perhaps?

I reflect upon the stuff covered as of yet and am extremely grateful to God for keeping me (fairly) disciplined, such that a substantial amount of stuff has been done so far...

I am humbled by His graciousness in seeing me through my last essay and even blessing me with a surprisingly good mark, in spite of all my worries and fears that i would screw it up badly. Haven't been so overjoyed about any mark for a long time now. All the more incentive to persevere on till this exam is done on 1 December. When will i fully learn that His grace is indeed sufficient for me in my weakness?

I observe, how from the goings-on of today's arts exam tea, that yours truly is not really a people person, as in i am hardly the most gregarious of people. Yet at the same time, i recognise that the Lord is challenging me to break past these silly self-imposed limitations that i have and to actively reach out to others, not out of obligation to Him, but rather out of an overflow of a Christlike love.

I wonder how tomorrow's tennis game (weather permitting) will go about considering that we have a grand total of two orphaned and neglected (i.e. abandoned by their previous owners and subsequently picked up by us) tennis balls and no more than that. Are we destined to spend more time picking up the two balls than actually hitting them?

I am aware that even during this period, i still need to exercise to help to clear my mind and to relax, or else may just burn out... But where is time to be found to swim/run/cycle? Looks like for now (apart from tomorrow) i will have to settle with climbing up and down the steps between the library and the co-op...

No comments: