Wednesday, November 02, 2005

and so it starts... very slowly...

Nice thundery and lightning-riddled weather outside now, which means that Bingo has a warrant to hide in the house...

Well since the weekend has come and gone now is technically revision and study time for me according to the ideal scenario that i have roughly planned out.

Of course this schedule is highly theoratical in nature and the actual progress made over the past two days has been at the pace of a lame snail...

I do wish that the library was open for a longer period of time during public holidays such as today and thursday, so that i'll have an excuse to stay in school and hopefully do something productive, rather than (in today's case) have to head home even before dinner once 430pm (and the library closing theme music that i can more or less memorise the tune of by heart now, after one whole sem of hearing it almost everyday) hits, and then proceed to let time slip idly by till the moment i type this. Of course, that's rather selfish of me to think that and not bother about the needs of the staff...

Yup, so today in those seven hours of the library's brief operation today managed to complete two page-long history journal entries. That's it... Haven't even started on the readings yet. The worst thing is that by my standards that is pretty good, and i was actually quite pleased with myself.

And my eating bug hasn't gone away either. Thought that i would be able to skip lunch (since in school all that's open is the uber-crowded and sian-ified McD's - or else the expensive and equally sian-ified fong seng) by actually eating breakfast, for the first time in a very long time, and a heavy one at that (finished off the rest of stylesse choco, which almost could not fit into the bowl). Well, as my stomach soon pointed out to me, i was wrong, and after bumping into Mark and us briefly considering McD's, it's sheer crowdedness (looked like one of those pioneering McD's that attract droves in Russia or China) drove us to the humble sandwich machine. Then after closing time and going back home, i practically went on to eat everything in sight that was vaguely edible and ready-to-eat to me in the fridge (which strangely enough included bak kwa, mini apple muffins, two large bowls of a new cereal that i opened, and i dunno what else). No more than two hours later, it was time for dinner and more stuffing myself. All this is rather alarming to me btw, now am wondering whether come ippt day (which is in a very short time from now) i may be too heavy to even do one pull up...

Have been thinking about potential studying venues once school ends. Of course, home is out, as had been clearly evident to me over the past few days. At first was rather intent on trodding to school everyday on bus 10 to study regardless of whether i had a paper on, at the library 6th floor (the vcf library fellowship), all the way till my last paper on (*sobs*) 1 December. But now, i realise that my bus pass expires on the 11th, and it makes no sense to renew it after that, cos i probably won't get my $52 worth cos its validity would extend all the way past AnnTIC (yay!), when i obviously would be in no need of the services of sbs (unless we are to take bus 170 across the causeway or something like that...).

So my pragmatic streak leads me to perhaps consider some more easterly study venues on certain days, particularly those when i have no business being in school since i have no papers on. Marine Parade library, perhaps (which is especially attractive to me since i can walk there from my house, and would not need to waste $ on bus fare)... Anyway, figured that by the time nus exams come around, even the O and A levels would already be winding down, which means no annoying teenagers in the library to distract me from attempting to revise...

Love this weather, perfect for sleeping =)

No comments: