Friday, November 04, 2005

trapped!

Am stuck upstairs waiting for a lull in my parents' cg downstairs so that i can go and get something to eat. So in the meantime, have some thoughts to spill.

I don't seem to be too bothered about ippt in around ten or so hours' time though obviously it still has been preoccupying my thoughts for the longest time as can be seen from previous posts. If i can clear it tomorrow then well and good, only by God's grace definitely, and if it isn't, then, to quote Mei Si, "like that lah"...

I have just realised that four of my five exams are open book papers... Including two of my three history modules... Have never had an open book history paper before, should be very interesting... Maybe this will let me not obsess over the teeniest details when i am revising...

Two regrets of mine that i was reminded of today:

That up till now i still haven't even lifted a finger towards getting a driving licence. I think with the number of drivers around me getting more and more, it's time for me to finally do something. Wish my parents were like some others and had forced me to take driving once i was able to, then i wouldn't have sat pretty for three whole years not doing a single thing till now, when no progress has yet been made. The only thing being that if i do go for sep in year three sem one, then it's pointless for me to piah for a licence now as i most probably won't be able to see it through by the time i fly off. Maybe just theory then, i dunno... Aaargh...

Also that i never had the foresight to recognise the importance of learning any musical instrument properly last time. I learnt grudgingly learnt yamaha electone eons ago till one year when i didn't really bother and failed the exam, so then i begged my parents to let me quit, which i did. So here i am now, when all i am able to do on the keyboard is to play with one hand and one finger at a time for only a handful of songs. And last time when i was still in my old church and was surrounded by several other youths who were learning/playing guitar, once again i was lazy and didn't bother to pick it up alonsgside them. Even when a guitar somehow came into my possession when i was in sec two, i basically didn't bother about it and eventually gave it away without even touching it. Now, especially when it comes to church cell and vcf cg, there's only Dan and Mark respectively to play for worship every week and i wonder what might have been had i not been so lazy last time...

For both these regrets, now when i have finally realised all of this it's at the wrong time since nowsaday i have not enough time for them at all, with school and all the other stuff, even during the break... Hopefully in the near future God will open some doors for me... We'll see lah...

Hopefully will be reporting joyful news come the time of the next post...

No comments: