Saturday, November 12, 2005

mug shots?

Just completed the online student feedback survey thingy that promises to add a miniscule but still ever-welcome 30 points to my confusing and overtly ridiculous system (a.k.a. CORS) bid points accounts.

Why any of the faculty don't bother to update their profile shots that accompany the survey is beyond me. I presume that the shots are there in the first place to help blur students put a face to the mysterious name of Dr What's-his/her-face so that they'll actually know who they're evaluating/praising/trashing, so if the initial response of the student upon first seeing the shot pop up on screen is a thunderous guffaw then i think that the prevalent impression of the aforementioned Dr What's-his/her-face would be slightly skewed, to say the least. Practically all the profile shots that i just saw looked genuinely awful. Comparing these shots and the actual person of whom these shots are of, methinks that they all could appear in "Singapore Extreme Makeover: All Brains and No Beauty? Think again..."

Today is the day i shall attempt to watch at least two of my backlog of four unviewed intro to computing lectures. A little disturbing that the first of my exams (and on my birthday somemore *bleah*) is the one that i am least prepared for... Ah, the joys of the s/u option...

Latest episode in the Mei Si "What was she thinking?" series: Evan, Mei Si and myself boarded the double-decker bus 10 from nus on the way to suntec. Mei Si went first, went halfway up the staircase, and then turned back towards us, pointed upwards, and said something to the effect of "eh, let's go up..." *Ade Fam, Debs, myself and now Evan too all look at each other and give a "Huh?" look*

Random gross fact: I just discovered that i am able to touch my left inner wrist with my left thumb. *woo*

No comments: