Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Festering

Can you imagine, it's Tuesday and i'm already almost done with the week? I've only one class on Friday left and nothing else, still trying to figure out what to do with myself in the meantime. Starting to look at work is always a good idea, but the reality of that happening is extremely slim. Slacking and stoning, which is what i did for most of today once my classes had ended, seem to be far more likely possibilities for the days ahead...

Anyways, i had a good time just now at the int'l students' thingy, great to see some of the unc peeps who are here again, as well as meet many new people as well. The whole experience also confirmed my deduction that i switch accents automatically depending on who i speak to, definitely sounding more American whenever i'm faced with a speaker with such an accent too, but easily going back to normal otherwise, and finding it hard, if not impossible to try and reverse the order of things...

I must say that with things having changed so much over the past semester when i was away, it's been hard to adjust and get in sync with all that is going on, to fit back in so to speak... To make matters worse was the news i got when i called home the last time while i was still in the States that (think all the people who have a right to know this before others already know this so i can make it common knowledge here) my father's being posted elsewhere, and therefore we'll have to move out of our place sometime in March into somewhere else, which i just learnt will probably be an apartment in Novena. Added to this is the dilemma as to what i should do with regards to church cos i can stay or go, be it to where my father is posted to, or even to another church altogether...

I'll try to be candid here without being brutal, so basically i was and am and will continue to be totally bummed about this news, and this will probably last way into the time after i've actually already moved. At the back of my mind i know that this has to be part of God's plan (and it's not like this is a matter of life or death, so i guess i've less of a right to wail and complain and ask "why me?") but this really could not come at a worse possible time for me at least. Churchwise i'm still trying to settle in somewhat and while i've long settled into the house, i've really grown attached to the place (if and when i get my own place i'll definitely want it to be in the east) and the fact that i know people nearby. Novena may be close to town but that's hardly a draw for me and there's nothing else there to make me excited about moving there. The move is definitely gonna be very disruptive to the semester, and furthermore, i have no idea how i'm gonna get to school affordably yet quickly enough from there (never have i cherished bus 10 so much). Knowing me, i'll probably be in some variation of the general theme of a foul mood from now until a buffer period after the move is complete. And i think it strange, cos until this move, all my other five moves have been met with little resistance from me, if any at all, cos i really was not bothered by them. This one, on the other hand, well i'm basically chockful of negativity towards it. Hmm, i guess the more i think of it the more frustrated i get, and that's not healthy at all, so i think it best i stop here...

A teeny thing to cheer me up: Tar Heels are ranked #1 this week =)

No comments: