Sunday, January 14, 2007

Talking to myself and feeling old...

Yet another rainy day today, and my sentiments semi-echo that of The Carpenters who once sang that "rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Given the current weather trends which are likely to result in another rainy day tomorrow i may just end up double-down as a result of it being both rainy and a Monday... And come to think of it the only rainy days i ever liked were whenever they signalled the cancelling of outdoor pe lessons or army training of some form or other. Think it's pretty ironic how last time i was hoping for rain to keep me out of going outdoors for exercise and now i'm hoping against rain so that i'll be able to go outdoors for exercise - i'm never satisfied, am i...

Have not done any work at all over this weekend. Not much to do for starters, but ah well i was never in the mood for the little that i did have in any case. Guess while i can still afford to do so it's not too bad. I don't even recall what i did yesterday since it probably amounted to nothing much apart from reading Asterix in Belgium (which i've had with me since primary school but never got around to reading until yesterday) and going to my jc classmate Sze-Li's house in the boondocks of Marsiling for a housewarming kinda thingy, where many an old classmate was wondering who was the long-haired dude who crashed the gathering. Enjoyed myself there for sure though - always like reunions of most varieties - met one of my classmates whom i last saw in December 2001 so that was nice...

In the latest chapter of my housing saga it turns out that the Novena apartment is no longer an option which means we're back to the no-idea-where-to-move-to state of affairs which of course continues to bother me to no end. I must admit, however, that i was relieved and even slightly happy to hear that Novena was out of the picture, although the prospect of having no idea where we are moving to isn't much better i would say...

As is often the case, once i open my mouth, the situation changes drastically - this time after celebrating the Tar Heels being ranked #1, they went ahead to lose to the Hokies - i should just learn to keep my mouth shut - for more reasons than this alone...

No comments: