Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lost in translation

I'm starting to question the wisdom in having an extremely top-heavy schedule that sees me on odd weeks having tons of classes on both Mon and Tue, a free day on Wed and only two hours of classes on both Thu and Fri and on even weeks finishing all classes save for my Fri 2-4 by Tue... Already the past two weeks without tutorial slots have already been so tiring for me so am a little skeptical as to whether i'd be able to keep it up once the full load comes in next week. But i guess this is also in part due to the unsettled sleep patterns that i've had since arriving back so hopefully once my sleep schedule settles down things won't be so out of whack for me...

Was glad for some sun today - this is to the best of my recollection the first sunny day that i've experienced here since arriving back. Decided to go for a swim and take advantage of the lack of rain while it lasts. That went well, save for the fact that my hair is so long now that whenever my head comes out of the water my fringe is covering a good portion of my goggles such that i've trouble seeing properly. Good thing that there were not many people in the pool just now or i might have banged into someone else owing to poor visibility...

And btw since everyone's asking and while we're on the topic, YES i intend to cut my hair soon, but i'll probably keep it a little longer than it usually is; and NO, i have not cut it yet owing to me finding not enough time to do so...

Studying in the forum is turning out pretty ok, i must say, the only problem being the occasionally bizarre bazaar noise that annoys me from time to time. Like today i was trying to read my orang utan book when i was continually unsettled by loud "YAAAAAA!!!" shouts coming from the martial arts display below. It was such that for the first time ever i used my earplugs in a venue other than an sbs bus (to escape the vile tv mobile) so as to block out some of that noise. Apart from that minor hiccup, however, think i could get used to hanging over there...

Just got via email the sheet music of both a Japanese and a Korean worship song that i learnt at Urbana - the lyrics (when translated into English) are very meaningful, and the tunes of both are really nice too. Too bad the sheet music does not come with the English translation attached, which makes things difficult cos if i want to introduce the songs anywhere i'd hardly want no one to actually know what they're singing about - that would defeat the whole purpose of singing these in the first place (though i'd say that if one didn't know the words the songs would sound very J/K-pop-ish)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no wonder. i was wondering yesterday how come ur hair looked quite wet in the morning... like ur hair didn't dry on ur way to school?

hah.