Thursday, April 27, 2006

HOORA ... eh, still got one more hor =p

So by God's grace have completed the unholy trinity of papers, and am all but in party mode already, inspite of the fact that i still have one more paper on saturday, which i to all intents and purposes have not even started preparing for yet, owing to the aforementioned unholy trinity... *whee*

Wah but i must say there has been prayer support for me aplenty and i have been really thankful for all of it. It certainly has helped to see me through these past two draining days...

Wednesday's Vietnam paper was ok lah, not as good as i hoped for, and at least from how i read my own responses, think that my exam score won't live up to my ca scores. But then again, the ca grades were totally unexpected and a blessing from God in the midst of all my adversity earlier this sem, and that's something i must continually remind myself of - to be thankful in all circumstances... And while i could also complain about my being stuck in some ulu cul-de-sac in the TH exam hall from where i could not even see the front where the clock was, i'd rather be thankful for the bunch of history seniors that i've had the pleasure to get to know both during the course of the module as well as on the day itself... Nice people they are...

Then today was my struggle paper and then the el paper. Two booboos that i made today during the papers:

1) Didn't read the instructions of the struggle paper carefully enough, and hence gonggong went on to write part of my answers on the question paper, when i was supposed to write everything on the answer booklet. Thankfully, the announcement went out 15 minutes before the end of the paper to "please remember to write all your answers on the answer booklet provided", which is when it finally hit me and the instructions on the paper suddenly made sense to me. After a split-second "AAAAHHHHH!" i composed myself and managed to transfer my answers onto the correct thingy, and still had time to complete the paper too. P-H-E-W.

2) Due to my habit of not bringing my bag along to the exam venue i left my stuff in the library and only took the necessary stuff. But i couldn't help but feel that i left something behind, and had that nagging feeling with me all the way to the point when i sat down in the exam venue then it hit me "eh, my specs!" Haha but obviously it was too late cos they were all the way in the library. Thankfully didn't develop tired eyes like i normally would when trying to do reading-related stuff without them, and managed to write normally for the whole paper and barely missed them. Then of course after telling Ade and Debs about forgetting to wear them after the struggle paper, i promptly forgot to put them on and ended up making the realization for the second time while on the way for the second exam paper. Thankfully once again their absence did not hinder me too much...

One other thanksgiving - since i always take off my watch and put it at one corner of my table as a time gauge during papers, i often disregard the exam centre clock. Well, thankfully today my watch battery chose 430pm to start to act up and stall, which was really good timing (it is a watch battery after all =p), since i ended my paper at three and if it had died-ed before that my paper would also have died-ed cos i would screw up my time management...

And in general, i am thankful also because the whole novelty of the two-exams-in-a-day thingy (which actually isn't a novelty since i vaguely remember doing the same thing during As - some more last time exams were three hours a piece) did not really get to me, in spite of my worst fears, and through prayer was not plagued by much unease eventually and actually found today's two papers the two that have gone best for me so far.

Also in the midst of the papers am really thankful for the times spent apart from the books, even during these busy times, and also for people that the Lord brings along just to make things easier - like Sida - my more-than-occasional ride to-and-from school - who really makes things that much better for me especially during 9am paper days - and various friends (including friends) who have offered prayers and encouragement throughout.

Ah this whole election thing is really starting to interest me - to bad it's during exams, just like the last one which was during As (my goodness was that long ago or what...) so can't afford to be too distracted. Reminded once again that despite my deep inner preference towards a particular party, i should not vote just based on what i want per se, but to really be prayerful about this because this is part and parcel of how the Lord has called us to intercede for everyone -for kings and those in authority, that we might live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness (1 Tim 2:2). Yup so while i get increasingly irked with what is going on as the days progress, i do have to bear this in mind...

And shucks was just looking through some of the stuff that parents brought back from previous church's 70th anniversary celebrations, and realise that i do miss the place and the folks and all that.. and there are so many issues underlying this too that best remain untyped... ah, am not getting into one of me moods again, don't worry, just having little regrets and other stuff like that...

No comments: