Friday, March 17, 2006

hooray for history

Yah yah so i never learn my lesson, after my little self-directed pep talk yesterday, what better for me to do than to conveniently disregard my own advice and go to sleep all of one or so hours after that, while still at less than 200 out of 1000 words. I did set my phone alarm this time, and i even placed the phone on my pillow next to my ear so that i'd hear it, but when i finally got up an hour or so after the time i had set my phone alarm i found that the phone was now on the desk next to my bed, which means that in my sleep i somehow managed to turn the alarm off and place it away from me without me even being consciously aware of anything. Dun even remember dreaming about it...

Well in the end, to cut short this long story, i finished typing the silly thing (which i honestly have no confidence in whatsoever) at around four pm, all of an hour before the deadline. Amazingly, i was rather calm throughout the whole afternoon spent trying to complete it, i tell you that was the Lord's peace at work without a doubt, and you know what, methinks me won't be too disappointed whatever the result is (though that is partially true cos my test did fairly well so things would even out on average...) =)

As a consequence of the successive late nights and early mornings kept by me as of late i was horribly sleepy today, for the first time ever in my nus career i even had to go out during the lecture break to buy a large cup of kopi o just to stay alert...

The Da Vinci Code thingy just now was very refreshing and informative, especially from this history student's perspective... I do think it amazing that the Lord does work in and through all circumstances and things, be they even things that may appear antagonistic to our faith, for His own great purposes. Hehe also think that history got a great boost in popularity after the talk as well =)

The latest American Idol is really cool in the sense that everyone remaining is really talented, something that i think i would never be able to say truthfully at any stage of the S'pore counterpart... Was very very impressed after catching it that day... My personal favourite: Katharine McPhee (the one in the maternity-ish dress and the sultry vocals) but practically anyone left methinks has a good shot of winning (though some of their choreography leaves a lot to be desired...)

No comments: