Monday, October 10, 2005

some more reassurrance

Remember the other essay that i was dreading getting back?

Well i got it back and it turned out far better than i thought it would. In fact when i got it back i didn't even want to check how much i got for it cos i expected a really bad mark... But as usual my restlessness got the better of me, and well, to my pleasant surprise, it was quite ok...

Now, i do not say this to boast or anything, but i am just really thankful on so many levels for the Lord seeing me through these past two essays.

One of them is the feelings of inadequacy that i had been feeling, especially for my level 3 history module and its first essay (the one i just got back - still one more to do for this module). Also i thought that i didn't do it (the level 3 one) to as well as i might have wanted to.

But in spite of all this the Lord prompted me to start on these two essays early enough (He knows far better than me the sheer scale of the procrastination that i grapple with on a daily basis) so that i was able to complete them in time, lessons learnt from last sem, when after Falling.Spinning, my essay grades literally did just that, as i, on no fault of the musical and all the fault of me, more or less neglected them till the very last minute.

Also at least now i am more comfortable with what i am - a history major. When the full scale of that first dawned upon me earlier this year i was like *GULP - what have i gotten myself into?* but now by God's grace i am more or less familiar with what is going on and what is expected... Now, on the other hand, i still am far from grasping what it means to be a history teacher, but well, let that worry about itself till it comes lah...

No comments: