Monday, October 17, 2005

haven't sung this in some time...

Today as i was randomly meditating upon some random stuff, this song popped into my head.

Chalk up another one in the ever-growing list of old songs that i used to sing years ago when i was still a little boy (ok, not soooo little lah) that i have recently come across again and that, in retrospect, have really meaningful lyrics that cut deep if you really mean them when you sing...

I am a new creation,
No more in condemnation,
Here in the grace of God I stand.


My heart is overflowing,
My love just keeps on growing,
Here in the grace of God I stand.


And I will praise You Lord,
Yes I will praise You Lord,
And I will sing of all that You have done.


A joy that knows no limit,
A lightness in my spirit,
Here in the grace of God I stand.


©1983 Kingsway's Thankyou Music
Words and Music by Dave Bilgrough

Courtesy of
Higher Praise

Yup, truly it is only by God's grace we can truly stand without condemnation and say that we are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 spells that out very clearly. And what is our response to the realisation of this marvellous reality? For our hearts to overflow with Christlike love as His own love through this undeserved kindness compels us to (love compels, geddit? =P). For an unspeakable joy to overwhelm us upon considering what He has done for us. For us to just sing His praises for all that He has done. For us to be totally selfless in spreading this wonderful news to all who have yet to accept it.

No comments: