Saturday, September 10, 2005

my productive saturday

not a wholly accurate title, talking first a bit about thursday and friday.

Must admit, i was preparing the Bs (Bible study) for cg way too late, like hurriedly the night before trying to piah (sp?) as much as possible before my tired eyes got the better of me, and rushing before, in between and after lessons on thursday itself to get it done. Not very responsible i admit, and to any cgms reading this, apologies... Still getting used to the whole thing i guess. Thank God for His continued guidance and strength that more than overcomes my many inadequacies...

Cg itself has been quite good for the past few weeks. I'll say again that i am really encouraged to see the freshies and their mere presence, not to mention participation, at cg. Makes things just that little bit less daunting for me. The seniors too have been great, and are a great source of encouragement and support too. Hebrews 10:24-25 (ok must admit, this verse is my blanket verse for anything to do with fellowship) comes to mind...

Something tells me that we'll be rather sick of fong seng really soon... I think i am, at least... We gotta find new places to eat...

My intention was to do some work on friday after my only class, but that didn't materialise, won't go into details, but well, suffice to say it was a long day, punctuated by the long-awaited MEET interview, which was loads less scary (and far longer - i got home at elevenish) than i thought it would be. The Lord certainly brought me through it... Thank God for putting my mind at ease, and that i am able to just put this entire thing into His hands. As He wills, not me...

Which brings us to today, which somehow happened to be my most productive saturday methinks since school started. Of course that's not saying anything at all, since i have barely been doing any work over the past few saturdays anyway.

Met for my first-ever easties' breakfast at the hakka yong tau fu stall by the longkang this morning with Mark, Min Zhi and Jocelyn... Although, as many know, i am not a breakfast person, but today felt like eating, so went ahead and ordered from the stall together with Mark. Of course, we both have negligible chinese language skills, so when we passed the bowl with our selected food items to the stall auntie and she asked something to the effect of "yah yah yah" (that's how i heard it, at least) in a shrill tone and at far too fast a speed, i was like "ha?", and Mark didn't even say anything (cos of the two of us, i have the far superior command of the language, go figure...). She later got rather annoyed when i then asked her what types of noodles were available (in English, of course) and snapped back rather curtly that only got one kind... It was then that i figured that the "yah yah yah" was actually "yao(4) ji(2) wan(3)?" So then we embarassingly went to sit down... [later when she brought the food there was more miscommunication when it came to the price, but i've regaled you with enough of my (lack of) chinese stories as it is...]

Oh well, the food was not bad. I liked the bittergourd and you char kway especially... Worth my breaking my no breakfast rule, at least...

After breakfast, decided to join the two other Ms (Mark and Min Zhi back at MZ's house to study, cos i figured that if i am at home, no work will be done (case in point: look what i am doing now...) This is where much of my day's satisfaction stems from. Since i had cycled to breakfast, i then had to cycle back home to get my notes, then cycle back more or less the same route to MZ's house, and finally cycle back home again. And at MZ's house, i'd get some work done, which means basically that today managed to both exercise and do schoolwork, a rare occurence, i must say...

Happy for the exercise... This week alone two people said that i looked like i slimmed down (which is good, btw). But i think it's just cos i just got a hair cut, since my weight hasn't changed at all...

Anyway, it's not as if i got a whole load of work done today, actually only completed one reading and did one quarter of a journal entry while i was there. But that's already far better than what i've been able to do in all past saturdays, so good news nevertheless...

So in short, i say more such easties gatherings... Even for stuff like breakfast and studying, if i can find some place which replicates the condusive study environment of central library level 6, where we easties can meet together, and where i can get work done, and that is way nearer than school, then i'm there... (But that would mean that i wouldn't get my $ worth on a bus pass though...)

Yay got a running kaki! hopefully my calibre (or rather, lack of) matches his... and that i don't get pang seh-ed... (sp?)

No comments: