Friday, September 02, 2005

bus number ten strikes again...

Was feeling rather lethargic (though thankfully not sick) after today, especially due to the cool and rainy weather which was lulling me to sleep. So much so that barely did any work during my four free hours... Basically those were spent eating lunch, printing token notes, and stoning the rest of the time in the library.

So anyway, took number 10 home after arts comm meeting hoping to get back as soon as possible so that i could quickly eat dinner and go to sleep (yeah right).

I could have kicked myself for not deciding to take bus 30 instead, which, despite the longer walk for me, would also allow me to conveniently bypass the whole Shenton Way stretch, as due to some incredibly long traffic jam in the area, reminiscent of those jams you'd get in Manila (and trust me, those are really bad...), the ride home took around one-and-a-half hours, with me at the complete mercy of tv mobile and the glorified fluff that they somehow are so proud to broadcast the whole time.

So by the time the bus reached my stop it was already close to nine, and a by now completely zoned-out me stumbled off the bus, nearly leaving my wallet behind if not for a kind lady sitting across the aisle from me noticing it as i stood up and telling me about it. Very grateful am i, for if i had left it behind, i think i wouldn't have the energy or the presence of mind to go about retrieving it.

No comments: