Tuesday, August 23, 2005

tutorial preparation

After the fairly disastrous affair that was today's first two tutorials, i have been, to put it lightly, persuaded to do much better tutorial preparations before showing up for class...

First tutorial was for intro to computing, and there i was having forgotten to print out the tutorial sheet, never mind that the questions covered featured multiple choice questions as challenging as "What does the term PDA stand for?". Since i didn't have the tutorial sheet, and was too paiseh to share with anyone, i went the whole hour more or less just trying to fit in with the rest of the class which was busy usurping all my tutorial participation points... Silly blur me... On the upside though, formed my project group with two other apparently quite nice guys, hope that me and my total lack of computer skills will be of at least some real use to them...

After that was the tutorial for my level 3 history class, and once again i regretted my (lack of) preparation upon entering the room, chockful of year 3 history majors with a wealth of contributions to make to the discussion, far outweighing me and my token head-nodding in approval... Remained pretty silent for much of the class, apart from introducing my name, year and faculty at the beginning. Like during the previous tutorial, i had hoped to fake having a bad throat to explain for my lack of vocalisation, only to forget that i had already introduced myself at the start... pooh...

The FOC comm finally got around to celebrating Jocelyn's birthday today, exactly two weeks late... Well, at least we know she was surprised... I would be too...

Went for swordfighters welcome tea too, just seeing how things are like... Had a good time, will definitely consider joining them as and when i can, at the least cos i realise i never read enough of God's Word...

New resolution for the academic year: PREPARE FOR TUTORIALS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read the latest entry, thinking it was florence's blog.

and i thought with regards to:
being quiet: hmmm yes... she's indeed quiet.... wah i didnt know she likes to participate in class! hmm okie... sth new.

level 3 history class: hmm... florence majoring in social wk right?? how come she took hist module... hmmm nm.

jocelyn's surprise dinner: oh so flor happened to be around in the canteen.....

swordfighters welcome tea: WHAT???? she was at sf welcome tea??? i didnt see her?????? *racks brain* no!!! how could i have missed her????

then i scroll up and down the entry, stared at the blog title "more than a sparrow"

then it dawned on me i was reading matt's blog.

chilipino said...

haha Meisi why you always so blur ah??? Must be you... (do i hear you whining "whaaat???" =P)
hmmm maybe it's time to change my template... Realised it's rather common... And dun want to confuse poor Meisi anymore...