Saturday, August 27, 2005

a reverse panda

Went swimming today to try and do a token something so as to be able to say to myself that i did exercise this week (especially as ippt looms closer, and i grow fatter).

Dunno how i had so much energy, but somehow, unlike usually when i have to stop after every two to four laps or so, today i just went on and on and on, like the energizer (or is it duracell? i forget) bunny. Think i covered close to fifty laps today (and wasn't gasping for dear life at the end of it too).

Yup, that certainly was physically very reassuring, that i at least have some degree of fitness in me. The downside, however, came when i looked at myself in the mirror as i was about to leave, only to find myself looking at a face that looked like it had been punched all over, save for the eyes, or in other words, i had two white (as opposed to black) eyes, looking like i was a giant panda born in the aftermath of the nuclear plant explosion at Chernobyl, and that hence ended up with a warped colour scheme, all this thanks to the goggle tan on my face.

So went on crossing my fingers hoping that it wasn't too obvious. A visibly amused Ade Fam upon seeing me put rest to that hope...

Thankfully, it hardly looks that obvious anymore. And until the time when my eyes stop getting irritated by chlorinated water (which is to say, never), i guess that i have to bear with that embarassing side note for now if i want to maintain some semblance of a healthy lifestyle.

To add to my skin troubles, am starting to shed skin like a moulting snake from last weeks sunburn... highly annoying...

Ack, do i really have to do my readings??? *displays sorry face*

No comments: