Tuesday, July 12, 2005

You Rescued Me

You rescued me,
And picked me up,
A living hope of grace revealed
A life transformed, in righteousness.
O Lord, You have rescued me.

Forgiving me,
You healed my heart
And set me free from sin and death.
You brought me life,
You've made me whole.
O Lord, You have rescued me.

And You loved me,
Before I knew You,
And You knew me for all time.
I've been created in Your image, O Lord,
And You bought me,
And You sought me,
Your blood poured out for me,
A new creation in Your image, O Lord.
You rescued me,
You rescued me.

Words and Music by Geoff Bullock

As i have been reflecting more and more upon the lyrics of songs as of late, especially since "VCFFOC 2005 Theme Song"/"Love Compels" was written, the Lord just brought to my mind this song, which i haven't heard sung for the longest time. One of those older songs from, ahem, my time, now lost in the new wave of jumpy Hillsongs United and Planetshakers songs, among others. I have nothing against the latter, of course, just that i miss the older songs...

But anyway, the lyrics of this song just speak so beautifully about how where we stand now is entirely a result of the Lord's wonderful grace and mercy poured out upon our lives. It's also so comforting, and so humbling to know that we indeed have been created in the image of God. But do our lives truly reflect this? Do our unveiled faces really reflect His glory (2 Corinthians 3:18)? This brings forth a challenge to me to say the Lord, may i die to self and live for You, who died and rose again.

No comments: