Sunday, July 10, 2005

a photo fix



With reference to my last post, the latest update shows "Love Compels" leading the race to see who will replace "VCFFOC 2005 Theme Song" as the new name of the, erm, VCFFOC 2005 theme song... This is thanks to Ryan, who subconciously attached this name to the song despite the campers never being told that this was the actual name of the song, and to Ming Hui, who this morning messaged Ian and me to suggest this title for the song: 1) in rememberance of the camp itself, of which the suggested title also was the theme of, 2) cos the suggested title falls within the song's lyrics, and 3) since the song is about our response to God's amazing love. Of course, there are currently no other contenders in the race to begin with...

Anyway, i actually blog to lament over the surprisingly long time it took me to find a suitable photo to submit for this thingy which requires an individual photo of myself. The instructions were for me to email the photo over to a rep, who will in turn email it to the overall in charge person. This of course meant that i would have to source for a digital photo, since i don't have a scanner, and probably would not know how to use it even if i did have one... Additionally, the photo would have to be presentable and recognisable, since it would be screened in front of an audience.

So off i went sourcing all my (very limited) sources for photos of myself. I searched everywhere i knew, like the BCE CD ROM, the FOC Comm yahoogroups photo album, online photo galleries, and the CDs containing shots taken by the others during my trip to Orlando last year with Renshao, Jason, Ziqi, and Benjamin (which also contains my ghost laptop desktop photo
that has been projected for all the camp to see) [my trip last month to the states yielded no digital shots of myself, since i was in charge of the digicam, and never can be bothered to ask others to take pics of me...]

Well, all my hopes for finding a suitable individual photo of myself were dashed, for all these photos either: 1)showed me looking away from the camera, 2) showed me looking silly, cos i was making funny faces or doing stupid actions, for example, 3)showed both...

So eventually i settled upon the above photo (the second one), which was taken at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Orlando last year. Of course, as is plain to see, i am neither alone nor looking all that presentable, with all the sweat-soaked shirt and all, but oh well, i suppose this will have to do...Maybe they can cut it in half for me (cos i can't for the life of me figure out how to do it myself). Or else they will just screen this photo with a big red circle around my head to identify me apart from Renshao...


The other option was the first photo, which was taken in the plane ride there with Jason, but i didn't like it cos one eye looked bigger than the other in that one (yes i am extremely superficial). So, did i make the right choice?

Haha anyway this also marks the first-ever photos i have posted on this blog... Another miniscule technological milestone reached in my stone age life...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Oops. You were right about the "subconcious" part. The title "love compels" just seemed so natural to me (even with all the bashing that those 2 words got from most skits)

chilipino said...

Haha yup that's true... Now that i think of it, "Love Compels" is indeed the most natural title that comes to mind...
Anyway Ryan, you were not the only one...
Looks like "Love Compels" is the way to go...