Friday, February 09, 2007

tiredness and opportunities

Fwah just now's captain's ball/ultimate was uber tiring can - after we were finished i had to go over to the library to get some readings for monday's test zapped, and so i had to get the books from rbr. After i zapped and returned the first book, i put in my next request slip and waited for the next book. After i got it i went over to the photocopying room and put my cashcard in, all ready to zap the necessary pages, when i took a closer look and realized that i had the same book that was in my hands just minutes before - in my saaa-ness (sp?) i had submitted the same rbr request slip for a second time in a row! Diao - well at least at the end of the day i got that settled. Two side notes: 1) after two-and-a-half years at nus i finally realized that there was a monitor located right next to the rbr bookdrop that listed whether your book had successfully been accepted by the machine; and 2) there was a certain nice photocopy room staff that was kind enough to instruct me in some of the ways to make my zapping jobs easier - never knew there was such a thing as a landscape function - always thought that the paper select tray labelled "A4 R" was simply for recycled paper heh...

But anyways, back to the captain's ball/ultimate we had just now - had a great time even if now i'm feeling really without much energy left in me. Haven't played games like that since UNC - where i was so bad in comparison to all the Americans that they sort of gave me face and applauded whenever i made a block or caught the frisbee successfully - so paiseh can. Anyways my 'American training' didn't have much positive impact on my skill level cos my standard was just about the same as ever but in any case the important thing is good fun and fellowship rite...

Was quite cool today cos i had originally planned to get to school by ten am so as to get some work done before class at two. But as i was in the bus i got a text from a friend from esc last sem, he was asking for language help for an essay that he had to write. Well to cut a long story short my original plan to get some work done from ten to two was aborted in favor of spending time suggesting improvements in the essay and also to catch up and talk about lots of stuff. What was particularly cool was that the topic of the essay that he had to write was on Christianity, so he was asking me some questions about that, and when he did ask questions about that i was like "ok if this isn't an opportunity provided by God i also dunno what is..." so by God's grace He gave me the words to say in sharing more about my faith with him - aiyah long story lah, and don't want to say so much as well, but basically i thank God again for this opportunity and all that has come out of it...

This being said however, i'm still sticking to my initiative to take all the work that i've to do more seriously, so along this line as i've mentioned earlier do ask me what i'm up to if you see me around and i appear to be wasting the hours away instead of doing more constructive things...

No comments: