Friday, February 09, 2007

work worries

Hmm only after posting the last post did i remember that my purpose of posting it was to note it being a month since i got back so here's mention of it just for the record...

Well it's been a good day for the Tar Heels, we both beat the hated Duke in basketball and apparently got a very good recruiting class for football. Guess i care more for the former since at least i can see the ball and roughly understand what's going on when i watch a basketball match compared to the relative cluelessness that is a given for me whenever i watch a football game. (in fact probably would have had no clue regarding the occurence of the latter if not for Greg - last season's football really turned me off...). Guess whatever it is this bodes well for the rest of the basketball season, and hopefully for the years to come for football (any season can be better than the crap one we had when i was there). Apparently there's a really big impromptu celebration that takes place on the street where my hall is located every time after we beat Duke - too bad i missed that...

But alas, these feelings of sentimentality over my UNC experience have unfortunately in part translated into a total lack of enthusiasm and motivation to get down to doing schoolwork that sorely needs to be done. Think that to a certain extent i've used all the stuff that's been weighing on my mind recently as an excuse to not get bothered about the work that has to be done. But was just browsing through some of my course ivle pages as of late and i then realized the sheer amount of work to be done that i've been blissfully unaware of up till this point - stuff from the pesky but nevertheless obligatory forum postings to tests that i had conveniently forgot about to stacks of readings that have already been printed but remain untouched since the day of their printing to essays and other written assignments that are due just after the midterm break. Yes this is a heck of a lot of work, and even with my grumblings about the total sian-ness that i've felt towards work here since coming back taken into full consideration; this really cannot be the way to go for me in the long run.

Yup so with that in mind don't mind me or take it personally if i seem to be appearing withdrawn when you next see me, or physically withdrawing myself from where i usually may be found, depending on the amount of work that i need to get done and how much distractions i can tahan at that point in time. Chances are however that unless it seriously gets too distracting for me and/or the mercury really starts to rise, i'll probably still hang in the forum. Do me a favor though, and nag me to get started on work if you see me wasting time in one way or other (which is in all likelihood a high probability)...

No comments: