Sunday, April 10, 2005

samplings of my Sunday

So, Sunday has come again, and sometimes, i wonder whether i may subconciously be slipping attending church merely a routine... Yes, the Lord does still speak to me, and i can feel His presence so near, but are my innermost thoughts and motives really all about seeking to commune with God once again, presenting the week ahead to Him???
Today's message, especialy in retrospect now has struck me. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled". Sometimes i truly wonder if i really am hungry for God, to really be desparate in wanting to seek God with all my being and put Him first, or has the evil one slowly crept in as i have let my guard down subconciously, and caused me to put this all aside?...
That being said, i thank God that he never will leave nor forsake me (Deut 31:6), even when i believe i really disappoint Him... Lord, forgive me for falling so far short of Your glory. i pray that my innermost desires would be right before your eyes...

No comments: