Friday, December 23, 2005

report book

From the time i woke up today till eleven am sharp when i pressed the ENTER key on my keyboard i was one distracted being...

7:10am: Half-awake me wonders why i bother to set an alarm in the first place when i know that i will just switch it off and go back to sleep again. However, half-awake me also notes that it is less than four hours till results come in.

7:40am: Finally pull self out of bed. While brushing teeth, think of the results of only slightly more than three hours away.

8:00am: While doing quiet time, can't help but have the thought of results at the back of mind.

8:30-10:30am: While having little success in trying to memorise 2 Corinthians 5 by MEET camp and doing other stuff as well, am having much greater success in distracting self to no end with thoughts of results and the inevitable "what ifs".

10:58am: Tried to see if could get results two minutes earlier. Not successful.

10:59am: Tried to see if could get results one minute earlier. Same outcome.

11:00am: Finally it came...

And once again my silly fears and what ifs proved totally unfounded and unwarranted...

Although I had a certain peace at the time of the exams knowing that my focus was certainly more upon Him than it had been the previous sem, which meant that i saw going for morning prayer and evening worship and other so-called Christian activities as of being of no detriment to my studying, but rather as helping me to maintain the right focus, the skeptic in me was still a little worried come results time, particularly for the silly el module. I tell you, even though I eventually came out of the paper trusting that the Lord would see me through it, silly thoughts still drifted in my mind even till this morning as to what might happen if i actually did fail: drop in cap, some unhappy people knocking at my door making my future uncertain, that sort of thing...

So all this being said, i am so humbled once again to see that the Lord has blessed me with a B, cos the whole sem i was thinking that it could be much worse than that...

Two lessons learnt: One, to be very careful when picking el modules, and to try to do at least one of them on sep should i be going, so that i can s/u it, cos el modules are, at least for me, really very hard... Two, TRUST GOD!

For the results overall, am truly thankful as well.

cap score managed to rise a leetle bit, my long-term aim is to stay within the second-upper range (first class is really waaaaayyyyy up there in the strato-nimbus or whatever you call those high high clouds)...

and finally i can say that i am comfortable with being a history major, after a long struggle in my mind starting from the first sem, when i wondered if my B- for hist in a sea of distinction grades for my other exposures was a sign that i ought to reconsider my major, to now, when my hist cap has finally surpassed my general cap...

a couple of regrets, but no point in moping and dwelling on all this...

i must admit, am still am quite preoccupied with grades, but i do believe that it is a struggle that is under control, by God's grace...

Well, part of the reason why i was so eager to check my results was because i also was due to meet my AnnTIC group, Zechariah, for lunch at 1130. Good thing that the bus came at the appropriate moment and that my house is near town (hear that all you ignorant non-easties who think that my house is ulu) so i was able to reach raffles place mrt on time...

We ate at Carl's Jr [my new favourite fast food available in Singapore (some of the stuff i have eaten in the states is still better - but this is S'pore lah, what to expect...)]! Great to meet up with some of the group again and to catch up over good and filling food (quite happy with self that managed to finish a super star + beef chilli cheese fries) (am gunning for the portobello mushroom burger next *drools*)

I wonder if a video of the *wo yong wo de jian lai ca ni* thingy actually exists... As much as i'd hate to admit it, i actually wouldn't mind taking a look, to see how siao i was on that day (blame it on the lack of sleep)

Had to find a way to kill time between lunch and watching acjc choir carolling at 6ish, so tagged along with Lester and Linus in their Christmas shopping (something that i myself have an excuse not to do since i won't be seeing most possible recipients of gifts during Christmas anyway...) Picked up a bit of stuff along the way...

I realise that even after so many years, i can still more or less remember my parts for the carolling songs. Was good to catch the choir in action again, especially where carols are concerned, have some great memories of carolling experiences with the choir...

Dinner and talking with Denise and Yuemin followed. Once again great to catch up, i definitely feel that i have been spending too little time with some of my friends as of late... Hmm i shan't elaborate...

2 Corinthians 5 is one tough passage to memorise...

No comments: