Tuesday, June 14, 2005

how time flies...

I was cycling just now along the Kallang area to the Esplanade and back, and was at the same time remembering last year when i was first introduced to the route by Kok Peng from Boat Coy, when the two of us, together with my buddy, Teng, went on a little cycling expedition.

Then, i suddenly realised, that, hey, it actually has already been a year since i ORD loh... In fact it's been a year and four days to be exact... So funny, normally i am pretty good with remembering anniversaries (in fact not just in years, but even in months, weeks, and days) to all these sort of mundane details, such as eight days since arriving back home, or three weeks since An Evening With Friends, or other things like that, but a (relatively) big thing like ORD date i forgot...

But anyway, this makes me reflect as to how gracious God has been to me in seeing me through what i initially thought would be two-and-a-half years of pure hell (Yes, i was the last batch to ever serve two-and-a-half years of ns * how blessed i was* - i do remember that that announcement came out on June 15 last year - the day of the cycling expedition) (i also was one of the last batches to not benefit from the five-day-work-week, which was announced at the national day rally just after i ORDed) in such a wonderful way that today, looking back, i do treasure many aspects of my army life... [of course i will never treasure the tekaning - (which could sometimes get quite bad, especially for a complete blur sotong like me), will always look back with laughter at my failed attempts at trying to be fierce to my men (me attempting to be fierce is like George W. Bush attempting to look less goofy), and will never look forward to reservist, whenever that is...]

No comments: