Monday, June 20, 2005

The Go Forth Conference

I believe it was definitely by God's own divine appointment that i was able to attend much of the recent Go Forth Conference... Originally, though hearing much about it, and from time to time considering signing up, in the end i didn't, due to a variety of reasons, the least not being a failure to plan my schedule properly...

But anyway, the short of it is that i was more or less entirely free for the last two days of the conference. I had decided to go for the night rally the previous night, just to look see look see since i was free. That night, Mr James Hudson Taylor IV (i think i got his name right...) spoke in very good Mandarin (putting my meagre command of the language to shame) during the night rally and, in short really got me thirsty for more...

So that night, as i was on my way home Mark Szto messaged me and asked if i would like to use his pass which he would be unable to use for the next day. I thank God for that open door, cos the next day was yet another wonderful time whereby the Lord really spoke to my heart concerning missions. Of course, that day i had to go around as Mark Szto and attend his chosen workshops, but even those workshops spoke to my heart. And that day, another door opened when the organisers announced that the last day's plenaries would be open to freeloaders such as myself...

Oh well, in short, Saturday's conference once again spoke to me, and the short of it is that i feel the Lord has, through the channel of this conference, given me a fresh heart for missions. Of course, i realise that this is no instantaneous thing, and that His plans for me regarding missions are largely still not known to me, but just to say that His plans for each of us really are so wonderful, and perfect in their time... Now is the time for prayer.

No comments: