Saturday, February 18, 2006

breaking news!!!

In a sign of being on the road to recovery from the viral cough that yours truly has been afflicted with for the past week or so, the gross cloudy yellow stuff (to Ade Fam's disgust, of the same shade as her top) that i had hitherto been spewing out on a daily basis has now been replaced by less cloudy colourless stuff...

Wowwee, the highlight of my week, a change in the colour of phlegm...

The cough is still there though, and now i even vibrate violently like my phone on silent mode whenever i do so...

I seriously am suffering here since i am (by right) not supposed to eat cold food, fried food, dry food, and chilli (nooooooo...) which practically leads me with what? Soup with noodles... The past few days at the arts canteen have been featuring me uttering phrases like "auntie, mi fen tang" or "auntie, guo tiao tang" or "auntie, zhu gan mian xian" or "auntie, yu pian mian xian"... you get the picture...

That reminds me, this evening at the arts canteen two of the aunties were arguing very loudly with each another in hokkien, but from where i was seated (where i couldn't actually see what was going on), i couldn't tell if they were angry with one another or were just recounting a funny story cos to me both would have sounded the same...

No comments: