Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday morning
In the dark
I was finding out
Who I was

Tuesday Morning (Michelle Branch)
Lyrics from azlyrics.com

Ok, actually these lyrics have nothing to do with this post save for the fact that i am referring to what happened this Tuesday morning. (It's a cool song btw, have not really appreciated the lyrics in depth but the tune is nice, pity Michelle Branch never released the single...)

Well, maybe on second thought, it can apply somehow. It was still in the dark when i woke up on this Tuesday morning - around 6am. And since i was half asleep till around 10 min later, then i guess that qualifies as me finding out who i was heh...

But anyway, i woke up at 6am cos i wanted to have enough time to prepare for my 8am lecture (whatever possessed me into taking any class at that horrible unearthly hour evades me now) Thankfully it's a rather interesting module, or else i'd not be getting my school fee money's worth out of this lecture...

To make matters worse, had (and will have) two back-to-back tutorials after that, from 10-11am and 11-12pm, and on a weekly basis furthermore... The 10-11 one was especially frustrating, cos i actually had prepared a lot of stuff to say (20% participation hor - dun play play) but my fear of saying something stupid got the better of me and hence the only thing that i uttered was at the prompting of my tutor. To make matters worse, it turns out that lots of the stuff that i wanted to say ended up being said and endorsed in the tutorial by others. Bottom line is, i really have to learn to speak up more, and to be more thick-skinned about it, or else there goes 20%...

Oh well, anyway, i am rather thankful that i survived this first tuesday morning module marathon, with many more weeks of this to come... *yawn*

Funnily enough, i met one of my many long-lost primary school classmates at the canteen today. Quite the funny, i must admit. First she commented to Sida (who's her church friend) that i looked familiar. Then she found out that i went to Rosyth (that's pronounced rowsighth, not roadside or lao sai fyi) too. Then we found out that we were in the same p6 class. How uncanny is that?

4 comments:

ArkAngel said...

Honestly Matt, it isn't very uncanny. I mean, I met my Pri 5 classmate through VCF too...

maicie said...

i dont understand how u ppl can forget ur pri sch classmates... boy, i'm sure i remember the faces of my p6 classmates.....

chilipino said...

hmm okies maybe it's not so uncanny. i.e. it's a little cannier than i thought heh...

Ah, Maicie, but do they remember you? sekali they all dao you also =p

purplecross said...

guys.. tsk. have terrible memories.