Saturday, January 21, 2006

back to work

Today marks the end of my two-week unintended extension to my already extended hiatus from doing school stuff. This since the sep forms have been handed in and now are totally out of my control, and that the end of mini-popiah-folding and reading stuff for MEET is much closer than it once was (note: it hasn't finished, but somewhere there lah...)

As i have been lamenting to i think almost everyone around me, for some strange reason i actually am rather looking forward to doing my readings and preparing for tutorials, and to that effect am gonna go to school tomorrow morning to finally zap some of my readings before MEET later on...

Not that sep and MEET stuff was totally bleah for me though, for it wasn't...

Ok, maybe not so much for the sep stuff. It was damn tedious i tell you, and should everything go according to plan, there's lots more where that came from.

Spending the past few days in a makeshift mini popiah factory doing unpaid labour was hardly as bad as it sounds. Always good spending time with the team (we'd better get used to it, since for the better part of a month we'l be doing a lot of that), somehow Jay Chou was a recurring theme throughout. (I learnt, courtesy of Zhiwei, that in fact the Jay Chou song in which he sings about the beating up of his mother contained the shouted lyrics "ni zou kai" (you go away) and not "eeee soooo kaaaaayyy" (it's ok) as i thought he was uttering in his unintelligible english (not that his mandarin pronunciation is much better though =p), as was what i thought it was for three-and-a-half years now, ever since my sispec bunk mates played his second album ad nauseam up till the point where i can recite or at least strongly recall much of that album.

In celebration of my relative freedom today after freeing myself from the sep forms and after noting the damn hot weather, took a dip at src. It was much needed - yet it also reminded me that i have not been exercising for far too long - me nearly died-ed out there...

Lots of things i want/have to buy:

a new pair of both running shoes (guess i have to look for the nearest e-mart and buy new balance with my old balance) and sandals (to replace my terok teva thongs)

a new bag to replace my very old backpack which recently activated its time-release extra access hole (i.e. it's tearing up and won't last much longer)

Hmmm ok, so maybe that's not really a lot of things, but i suppose by my standards, whereby i seldom buy anything at all, it's quite a lot.

No comments: