Thursday, January 29, 2009

absolutely fabulous?

I chanced upon this article the other day, which started me thinking, and then the same topic came up in random conversation just now as well, and yup come to think of it, i wonder what comes to mind in the minds of foreigners when they hear or read about S'pore holding an annual parade called 'Chingay'. I've no idea what's the etymology of the word anyways, but surely you can't blame people for getting the mistaken impression that it's similar to more famous parades in places like Sydney or San Francisco, can you?

In any case that's about the limit to my interest in the parade. Especially since the route this year apparently impedes upon my newfound running route. Bah.

2 comments:

ArkAngel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ArkAngel said...

Haha.. er somewhat yeah haha.. nah just kidding.

I like the title of your previous post. haha. And yes, was referring to the dead parrot, if i remember correctly.