Sunday, October 15, 2006

One, Two, Three

Firstly, i dunno whassup with the tagboard - and i dunno if you're wondering whassup with the tagboard too or you're wondering whassup with me whassup-ing about the tagboard since your view of the tagboard sees no reason to be whassup-ing about it or you just heck care whassup with the tagboard in the first place; but anyways it's a super-peripheral issue at best so i shall leave my whassup-ing at that...

Secondly, the past few days have been very relaxing and enjoyable for me - to spend time with relatives and to see places and just to chill out - i've not actually entered D.C. proper yet up till this time (save for a short and uneventful stint on the metro on the way home from the airport, but that was all underground so i didn't really see anything), but anyways sightseeing wasn't my primary motive in coming here, especially since i've been here before. I have been to the mall (a shopping mall, not the National Mall) however, as well as to Baltimore today to go to the Baltimore National Aquarium (kinky url btw), which was an added bonus; and tomorrow before i fly back to the terrors of school i'll be checking out a Smithsonian or two as well as briefly meeting another cousin of mine who's visiting as well but is only due in tomorrow (Sunday) noontime, mere hours before i leave; so i'm very satisfied as it is...

Thirdly i'm totally bummed about the work and midterms that await me upon my return - i've barely done anything for my twin midterms for the same course on Monday and Wednesday, and my take-home midterm due on Tuesday is still in the stage of initial conceptualization. On top of that, i only remembered once i got here that a written response to two chapters + epilogue of that gripping page-turner of a book on American tax reform is due on Monday morning - and i'm helpless to do any of it cos i don't have the book with me now so i can only start reading the required chapters when i get back to Chapel Hill tomorrow night; and i also stupidly forgot to bring some of the other books/notes that i would need to refer to for the take-home midterm so there's no way i can complete it before i fly back (though realistically speaking, knowing my work ethic there would have been no way i'd complete it even if i had everything with me) Meanwhile though, the joyful refrain of pass/fail is continually ringing on my head, though that's juxtaposed against the melancholy dirge of a consciousness to put in effort no matter what...

So it's really interesting to see how like the next week features its first half being as terok as they come for me, and then the second half (thanks to fall break) will see me probably as relaxed as i'll ever be at least till maybe Tgives comes along... Needless to say i can't wait for that half to come...

No comments: