Monday, May 16, 2005

a time to pray

Yupyup after several half-hearted and ultimately aborted attempts at so-called 'prayer biking ' (which end up being purely cycling around aimlessly) today felt led by the Spirit to pray as i cycled from my house down to the esplanade area then back up to the national sailing centre at ecp, before going back home.
Have recently been convicted of the fact that there are several things that involve/affect me in one way of another that require prayer [of course we ought to pray in all circumstances with all kinds of prayers(Ephesians 6:18) about all things], that i have basically been personally neglecting/forgetting to pray for myself, while ironically bringing these things to the attention of others as my prayer requests... Realised that there must be something fundamentally wrong with this arrangement if others pray for things that affect me, while i sit around and don't pray for these things myself...
Yupyup but anyway, in the midst of cycling, as i was around the Sheares Bridge area, felt prompted to pray for these things, regarding Church, CF, friends & family, and myself... Was really a very refreshing time, because felt that it was, in a way a load lifted off my chest. I know that the Lord has heard and will answer my prayers in His time. In the meantime, of course, as Ephesians says, keep on praying!!!
Now i realise how silly i have been to, for the longest time, merely superficially pray about all these things, hence still feeling deeply troubled and bothered by them, instead of lifting all these things up to the Lord right from the get-go... Things to do with my walk with God and various personal issues linked to it, service in various areas, what other things to consider next sem etc... I really felt the peace of God as i lifted all these issues one by one to the Lord.
Yupyup anyway, this again reminds me of the importance of being sure that what you say you are doing is in actual fact followed up by action. That it's something that goes on not only in the head, but in the heart and subsequently followed up by the actual action... Or else, you may end up continually dwelling on certain issues cos they are, subconciously, still in your hands, and not in the Lord's...
Well, anyways, look forward to more conversations with my dear Lord and Saviour while taking in all the sights of Singapore on my trusty two wheels...

No comments: