Thursday, May 12, 2005

aiyah

Why must the release of the exam results always be at the most inappropriate of times?
Last sem it was an unwelcome and ill-timed Christmas present that NUS gave us, and now this sem, it's in the middle of my holiday... I can imagine myself now in the US hurriedly calculating the time difference between US pacific time and Singapore time, with my limited math skills honed from years as an arts student, and then scrambling to find the nearest internet connection once it's 11 am 2 Jun in S'pore. Once i access it i'll either be rather moody and not enjoy the rest of my trip, or be at least at peace... I honestly don't forecast anything to really jump for joy for, but, oh well, no point worrying and dwelling on these things, it's all in His hands now. Just pray that the reality for me will be the second scenario...
On a totally unrelated note, have been wondering as of late, especially since i've been taking the bus more recently to milk my $52 undergrad bus pass to the max, as well as attempting to study while on board, that the people who tend to talk at such a volume that the whole floor can hear almost always are not speaking in English. Wonder if it's a Singapore kentang cultural thingy or something like that. Anyway, just as well, since the loud conversations being in a language foreign to me means that i can't eavesdrop and possibly both be rude and be further distracted from what i am doing. Now, if only i could do the same for the incessant irritant that is TV mobile. Do people really even care??? The only thing i find remotely entertaining on TV mobile [and i happen to have watched it at all times of the day] is Just for Laughs gags. Oh, and of course when it's spoilt. That's when i enjoy TV mobile the most... =)

No comments: