Wednesday, September 10, 2008

on the side

In spite of my latent frustrations with nus, the S'porean in me felt that there was nothing to lose in sending the alumni relations people my current address so that they could mail me my complementary alumni privilege card (they had sent me an email saying they had received back the card which they had sent to my old address). Well i didn't expect much from them in terms of the benefits (this is after all, a complementary card), but i have to admit i was expecting a brochure at least somewhat more presentable than this:


Not to sound fussy or condescending, but i've seen even many a mission trip prayer letter which were more professionally done than this - as much as i'm all for the 'greener' approach, surely they could have come up with something more appealing than this. I suppose the fleeting nature of some of the offers (as in expire at the end of this month kinda fleeting) meant that they didn't want to invest in a more permanent atas-ish kinda brochure... Or maybe since the card is free they were working on a skeletal budget to begin with...

In other, rather surprising news, my random amateur birdwatching somehow eventuated in this. Haha who would've thought...

No comments: