Wednesday, October 03, 2007

a tale of two (edit: now three) couples and one annoyed me

ok i usually don't do this smack in the middle of a school day but well conditions warrant it...

monday night i was in the engin com lab trying to finish my now-finished paper, but i couldn't get far because this couple seated opposite to me were talking so loudly to each other and i couldn't concentrate as a result, so after thirty minutes of futility i gave up and went back to my room to finish it.

so just now i went back to the same place to get more work done, and i saw the same couple seated next to a computer that i usually use. Wary of them after the other day i looked around for another computer and plopped myself down at one a good distance away. And just as i've started to get down to work, lo and behold another couple opposite me have started to talk loudly to each other as well. Meanwhile the first couple are bust doing work and are hence no even making a noise. I'm tempted to ask them to keep quiet but i'm afraid my irritation will get the better of me - and i'm wearing an FOC shirt too so i dun want to risk binge a bad testimony from the way i ask them to keep quiet...

Rejoice! They've just packed up and left!

ok back to work...

(ten minutes later)

my goodness how do i always kena these situations ah? a third couple has just plopped themselves down in the exact same place that couple two were in and are chatting away...

No comments: