Tuesday, May 17, 2016

finicky



Was doing up a RIASEC test today - it basically shows what careers one may be more inclined towards based on personality type. I've always been a rather fussy person in some areas, and it certainly showed in this test, as practically all the job options that were presented before me all seemed to be things that i was not interested in, such that my overall scores were certainly on the low end. So it looks as though for me it's not as much about which type best describes me as which type is least inaccurate in describing me. (Scarily enough, my top scorer, relatively speaking, was "Social" haha - who would've thought!) I suppose this goes some way in explaining why i have difficulty in clicking with most others on a deeper level - there are just so little shared interests that we would have to begin with, owing to my own fussy nature. That's certainly not something that i can change, but at least it helps to be aware of it.

On a more reassuring note though, at least one of the recommended career options that came out of doing the test is what i'm doing now, which means that at least i've been able to end up doing something that's a good fit in spite of all my inadequacies. Indeed it's not by my strength, but by His :)

No comments: