Friday, November 14, 2008

The skies begin to clear

I did promise i'll ramble on more about the elections at a later date - at the least to serve as a log of sorts on some of my many (and hopefully substantial) thoughts. Well that isn't going to happen today. Brain isn't functioning on too high a level today. In fact, it has pretty much dumbed down ever since the last of the biggies for this sem went in on mon. Since then it has been a strange, but nevertheless blissful state of periodically thinking to myself: "hmm what work is there to do?" and then immediately answering myself: "nothing!" But of course, as i remember Lear once remarking to his Cordelia (that's about the only line i remember from A level lit, apart from the flies and wanton boys one), "nothing will come of nothing", so in keeping the dear king's words in mind, i shall speak again...

I suppose that i should relish this opportunity to sit back and in fact do nothing - after all i don't see much other chances open in the near future for me to do just that - nothing. Well, maybe not exactly nothing. Since the good ol' b'day is coming up, it means that so is this year's ippt, which i have to somehow find the wherewithal within me to clear. And by "clear" i mean no more than just that - not fail. No lofty visions of awards and reward $ are in my head. After last year's fiasco, in which i accidentally ran the wrong way and thus screwed up even passing, let alone my expected $100, i'm not gonna be as optimistic this time. Anyways, nie's unparalleled ability to suck up all my potential exercise time (and then some) has meant that i've not really been able to do much pre-ippt prep apart from the odd prematurely-aborted run now and then. So i just hope that the weather on that day will be favorable enough, as if it does rain, then methinks there would go my only chance of taking ippt before the b'day, which would mean much unavoidable inconvenience for me...

The other, far more exciting thing coming up is that i finally got down to booking something for the dec break. The more i thought about it, the less i could see myself staying here for the entire one month off, and furthermore chances are this would be my last chance in a while to take a good break out of here. So after months of entertaining ideas in my head, i finally had enough of a clear mind following the near end of nie's torment for the sem to decide on flights. Now lies the more marfan task of slotting the details in, and then booking internal transport/lodging etc... Reminds me why i don't like to plan things. But well, if the alternative is not going anywhere, this is a hassle i'm willing to undergo...

No comments: